Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

Good Friday

I don’t think it too impious to compare the salvations we seek: In the first version, the Creator redeems his chosen from failed creation by extraordinary means and re-creates it in perfection.

Revelation 21
King James Version (KJV)

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

In the second version, we evolved from lower forms of life by accident. We are so ignorant that we will surely destroy where we live without the “enlightened ones” among us teaching us how to save the planet. How will we save it this week?  Cow Fart Bags



Restoration 21
Al Gore Version

1 And I saw an old heaven and an old earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were restored; and there was no more polluting people.
2 And I Albert saw the holy planet, Gaia, quaking and erupting, prepared as a lion adorned for her supper.
3 And I heard a great voice out of Gaia saying, Behold, men have declared me God and am not even aware of them, and she will dwell with them, and they shall be her people, of whom she has no concern.
4 And Gaia shall wipe away all life that she can; and there shall be much more death, sorrow, crying, and pain: for the former sins of mankind she will continue to recompense.
5 And mankind will seek to appease Gaia by all manner of inanities. They that sat upon the throne said, Behold, we are yet too many, too wasteful, too uncaring. Let us not reproduce that Gaia may be happier with us.
6 And they said unto me, let the sterilizations begin anew. We will appease Her with our last breath. It is the beginning of the end. We will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life and a sterilizing agent freely.
7 He that is never born shall assuage our God.

Though we Christians are the superstitious idiots believing in fairytales, at least our beliefs are grounded on something greater than and outside of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment